You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘byredo’ tag.
This inspiration hit me like a ton of bricks the other day, right after I took a shower to wash my hair. I was feeling so incredibly refreshed after washing my hair that I decided to write a post about it, but I couldn’t just write a bland post about hair washing, so I decided to include other things that made my heart flutter 『ドキドキ』 recently. Here is my shortlist.
- That feeling you get after washing your really dingy, greasy hair. You know how there are times when you’ll wait a couple of days to wash your hair, to really build up the grunge? You know those times when you’re trying not to over-wash your hair & strip it of its natural oils, & then it’s the moment of truth, hair washing day. You really slather on the shampoo & really work up a good, thick lather. You massage your scalp & thoroughly rinse all the suds from your glorious mane. Then apply a fresh coat of conditioner. It’s that really squeaky clean, refreshed, weight-off-your-shoulders, relieved feeling you get after finally washing your hair once & for all.That’s the feeling I got a few days ago after washing my own hair. For some unknown reason, my hair was especially greasy & stringy that day. I had been trying to stretch out the days between hair washes because I don’t want to strip my hair of its natural oils & nutrients. I guess I probably applied too much anti-frizz oil from my previous hair styling, so it really built up greasiness on my scalp & hair. Oh man, I gotta tell you that I felt so extremely refreshed after washing my hair that day. It made me feel so incredibly overjoyed that it compelled me to write about it. My hair felt like I had just gone to the hair salon & had a professional stylist spruce it up for me. I felt like a big weight had been lifted off my shoulders, & the semi-germophobe/neat freak inside of me was screaming with happiness that I was clean from head-to-toe once again.
- I got a new fragrance from BYREDO for Christmas from Jian. I’ve been wanting to try this Sunday Cologne scent for a very long time but always end up going back to my two favorite scents: Flowerhead & Black Saffron. Jian was generous to splurge on this fragrance for my Christmas gift, & I was so happy to be able to try it. This has been my go-to fragrance for this month. I love the gentle floral & slightly herbal notes of this fragrance. This fragrance provides a nice break between my other BYREDO fragrances, which are more strong on the sweet & floral notes. This fragrance makes me feel so light & happy. Also, the best part about this BYREDO fragrance, all of their fragrances, is they don’t give me any allergies. I am highly allergic to anything with a perfume smell & generic perfume in generall, so being able to find perfumes & colognes that don’t make me sneeze or make my skin itch is a win for me.
3. I’ve probably never mentioned this on my blog before, but I love collecting LEGO modular creator sets & building them. So far I have nine city building sets (Café Corner, Green Grocer, Grand Emporium, Pet Shop, Town Hall, Palace Cinema, Parisian Restaurant, Ace Brickman’s Detective Office, & Brick Bank), & currently Jian is building the newest addition to our collection, the 10th Anniversary Assembly Square. I’ve also got 3 world landmark sets including the one pictured above (India’s Taj Mahal, London’s Tower Bridge, & London’s Big ben).
This Big Ben modular set was one my all-time favorite sets to build so far. Pardon my language here, but this was a real bitch to build. There were quite a few custom brick pieces, & a lot of the bricks & tiles had to be placed diagonally. You know the neat-freak/compulsive organizer iniside of me had to make sure every diagonal section matched up perfectly. That made the building process a real pain in the ass. On top of that, there were so many repetitive sections to build that I was getting frustrated in the middle of building this set. However, once I completed building the set I felt so accomplished, & it was so rewarding. Surprisingly, my most favorite part to build of this entire set was the lone tree, not even the clock mechanism in the main tower. Also, building this set really ramped up my desire to visit England. I’ve been extremely wanting to visit London for many years, but building this set (as well as the Tower Bridge set) made me want to visit that city even more!
4. A couple of weeks ago I re-watched the movie Midnight in Paris again. I started watching the movie while I was taking a shower. Ok, so I didn’t exactly watch it when I was in the shower. I just proped up my tablet on the bathroom counter as close to my shower as possible & just let the movie play in the background while I was showering. I continued to watch the rest of the movie after I got out of the shower. I think I’ve probably watched this movie 7 or 8 times already, & I’m still not sick of it yet. I love all of the famous characters portrayed in this movie, & I especially love the aspect of traveling back in time to one’s favorite era.
If I could travel back in time, I would travel back to the 1950s-60s, but only if I would be spared the racial discrimination for being Asian…or, like if I slipped back in time to a place like the one portrayed in the movie Flower Drum Song. I wish I knew a guy like the movie’s character Gil Pender. I would love to explore Paris with him, & like he says in the movie, walk along the river with a baguette under my arm & sit at a café while scribbling away on a novel. That would be…lovely.
5. I’ve said in my previous post that I recently subscribed to a premium account on Spotify. I’ve talked on-and-on about how much I love the wide music selection on Spotify & the menu options & such. I just discovered the entire Midnight in Paris original motion picture soundtrack on Spotify, & it has made me so happy. Ever since I first saw this movie I had wanted to download the entire soundtrack on iTunes, but I never actually did it. Then, when I found out the entire soundtrack was available to listen on Spotify, I was over-the-moon with joy. I’ve probably listened to all the songs 20 times each since my Spotify discovery. I even listened to this soundtrack on repeat throughout the duration of my LEGO Big Ben build.
Yes, I know it sounds weird to be listening to French classical music while I’m in the process of building a British historical landmark. I should’ve been listening to some Brit-Pop music like The Clash or the Arctic Monkeys instead, but I couldn’t help myself. I’m a creature of habit, as I’ve stated many times before, & I also love all of the songs from this movie. The music from this movie just puts me in a good mood, just like the music from the animated Pixar movie Ratatouille, which is also French in theme. (I am so envious that my mom got to visit Paris, France last year, even though I want to vist London, England more than any other place in the world.) Don’t laugh at me, but I’m listening to the Midnight in Paris soundtrack on Spotify right now, exactly as I’m typing this paragraph. I am currently listening to Can-Can From “Orpheus in the Underworld” as performed by the Czech National Symphony Orchestra on my Spotify app. See? I love this app. I’m using everyday to listen to all of my favorite music. I’ve hardly touched my iTunes app in the past month. All I can say now is that I am so happy I subscribed to Spotify.
Well, that’s all I have to say about that. I can’t believe that January just flew by like a crazy bat out of hell. I hope February doesn’t slip by so quickly. Until then, cheers!
Today’s song of the day:
“Gold On the Ceiling” by The Black Keys
I’d like to start out by disclaiming that I very rarely partake in luxury items. I don’t wear high-end designer clothes, or carry a designer label purse. I don’t tend to splurge on purchases (other than my smartphone, which is a once every 5 years expense), but one thing that I do splurge on is cologne. I would much rather call it cologne than perfume, as I do not like to wear perfume, especially the sickly sweet, overly-floral girly stuff. I prefer to wear cologne, or some sort of unisex fragrance. Most women’s perfume trigger my allergies. Plus, they generally tend to smell obnoxious.
I have, however, been able to find one brand that I absolutely love called BYREDO. The scented products created by this brand are so far removed from any other scented products brand you’ll find anywhere. The products by this brand are on the expensive side, but to me, they’re worth it, especially since this is the only product I would splurge on. So, I would rather choose a good quality brand like this one. The products last a very long time, & you really get your money’s worth in each bottle.
The male-oriented scents are quite masculine, yet soft enough that a woman would also be able to use the same product. The female-oriented scents are so gentle & inviting; they don’t overload your senses & make it seem like you’re trying too hard to smell pretty, or make you smell like an old granny sweater.
I very rarely ever wear makeup or other beauty products (except for blemish concealer), only on special occasions like weddings & special parties. However, I will wear cologne almost on a regular basis. I’ve probably amassed a collection of around 5 or 6 different colognes, & approximately 50% of my collection is by the brand BYREDO. Yep, that’s how much I have become loyal to this brand. I have truly become a fan of this brand, so much so that I’ve decided to write an unboxing post about it. I recently purchased two items from BYREDO. One is a replacement purchase of an item that I’ve recently finished using. The other is a brand new item that I will be trying for the first time. Let’s take a look.
Like I said earlier, I love the fragrances by BYREDO. I’ve got 3 different fragrances from this brand that I use rather frequently. This scent called “FLOWERHEAD” is my all-time favorite scent (so far) by this brand. One thing I must say is that I really like the packaging used for this fragrance. BYREDO really goes to the high end route when it comes to its packaging design & quality. I’m not really a fan of the Art Deco style, but I really think it matches well with this packaging. I would have loved to keep this box, as it is thick & sturdy, & I would’ve kept small trinkets inside, but alas the box had a built-in insert to hold the fragrance bottle. So, the box ended up not being suitable for my needs.
Well, this is what the inside, plus the product itself, looks like. This fragrance actually can be purchased in two different sizes (50ml & 100ml). I got the 100ml bottle. I absolutely love the scent of this fragrance. It’s so soft, fresh, light, & fun! The first thing you’ll smell when you apply this fragrance is jasmine. That’s the first note to hit my nose right when I first apply this fragrance. This fragrance has floral notes without smelling like you ran through a huge field or a garden, & it doesn’t even give off that potpourri feeling one bit. It also has some fruity notes without smelling immature or sugary sweet. This scent is quite feminine without being overtly girly. No, you won’t look like a walking pink lacy bow.
One aspect of this brand that I really find innovative & refreshing is that each fragrance will change & adapt to your body’s natural oils throughout the day. So, the fragrance will smell the most potent at first application, but as the day wears on, the fragrance will subtly change according to your body’s reaction throughout the day. The longer you wear the fragrance, the gentler the scent will become. I really admire this aspect because I don’t want to go through an entire day smelling like I’ve been bathing in the makeup department at the department store. I want the scent to be subtle, yet noticeable as the day goes on. This is one of the main reasons why I love BYREDO because their scented products do exactly that. So, after finishing my first bottle of the “FLOWERHEAD” fragrance, I bought a refill. (That’s how much I love this scent.) Within the BYREDO family I’ve also got a 100ml bottle of the “BLACK SAFFRON” fragrance & a 50ml bottle of the “PULP” fragrance. I’d have to say “BLACK SAFFRON” is my 2nd favorite scent, & “PULP” is somewhere in the Top 5 of favorite BYREDO scents.
This is an entirely new product I will be trying for the first time ever. I’ve never in my life heard of hair perfume. When I first saw the advertisement for this product in an email newsletter, I was a little taken aback. I couldn’t believe that there was such an extravagant, indulgent product. I’ve always thought that spraying everyday ordinary perfume in your hair was the same thing as hair perfume, but I was wrong. I read the description of the product on the website, & I also tried the product in a shop, & according to the description, the formula of the fragrance is meant to compliment your hair. Ordinary perfume will weigh down your hair & cause your hair to become oily/greasy over time. This hair perfume is supposed to keep your hair nourished & weightless, & not cause any greasy build-up. Out of all the scents available for this line of hair perfumes, I chose “FLOWERHEAD”. It’s my most favorite scent, & I like the way the scent compliments my body type, my personality, & my mood.
I do realize that spraying the body fragrance AND the hair perfume together might seem like a bit of an overload, but I am not planning on wearing these two products at the same time. If I’m wearing the hair perfume, then I won’t spray any of the body fragrance, & vice versa. Well, I’d like to test out my new hair perfume, & see how it works out. Until then, cheers!
Today’s song of the day:
「ツバサ」by アンダーグラフ (“Tsubasa” by Under Graph)