I’m not a stylish or fashionable. Not a fashionista or a model. I don’t work in the Fashion industry. I’m not a starving artist. I’m not a hipster or a prepster. I don’t follow the latest trends or read WWD, Nylon or Vogue magazines. I’m not even an average consumer….but here’s what I AM………….someone who enjoys wearing comfortable, functional, clean clothes.
Here are my Top 5 Wardrobe Favorites (let’s see if you have similar ideas):
- 1) skinny jeans – For an Asian person like myself, with a smaller stature, skinny jeans are the most ideal. They feel comfortable, are very functional, & most important of all…many denim brands now make skinny jeans with shorter inseams for a shorter pant leg. This is perfect for a person who has petite legs like myself. All other jeans cuts, to me, make my legs look stumpy & widens my hip frame visually. So I’ll just stick to my skinny’s…as long as they’re not skin tight like cling-wrap.
- 2) sweatshirts – I love wearing sweatshirts, especially ones with a cool graphic on the front. Sweatshirts are perfect for lounging around the house, going to a sports game, or just hanging out with friends. I really like crew neck sweatshirts. They give off a casual yet stylish vibe. I’m not particularly fond of pullover hoodies, especially ones with the mono pouch pocket, which I like to call the belly warmer or the cargo-pocket of hoodies…’cause you know at one point in time you also liked to stuff your keys and wallet in there when making that quick trip to the supermarket. Also, I know I like the casual look, but sometimes even the zip-up hoodie looks a little too sloppy & too casual. I just like sweatshirts.
- 3)socks – I love socks & I can wear them in every type of weather, even when it’s totally hot & humid outside. But nothing beats the feeling of warm, dry socks on a cold and/or wet Winter’s day. I especially like to wear thick crew socks with a pair of worn-in sneakers. Mmmm.
- 4) graphic t-shirts – Two of my favorite places to get my graphic tee fix: Design T-Shirts Graniph & UT Uniqlo. I absolutely love wearing t-shirts. I even took one of my W)Taps pocket tees and turned it into my everyday pajama top…Sooooo comfortable I say!!! Seriously though, graphic tees are awesome & can often tell people about you & your interests all thru the picture printed rightfully on your chest (or back?). Graphic tees are also a great way to express yourself & throw a little color into your life. I just like them ’cause they often hide my lil’ stomach pouch after eating…Easy to wash & to wear while your cleaning house, or washing your car, or making pit stops at the local coffee shop.
- 5) shoulder bags – Perfect for throwing all of your miscellaneous junk inside, great for traveling, & they can also look stylish. I love messenger-style shoulder bags because I carry a ton of things around with me (ie. band-aids, Tide detergent pen, gum, mini nail clipper, datebook planner with a pen, a fully stocked pill case…) my friends all call me the human Doraemon ’cause I’ve got nearly everything imaginable shoved neatly & compactly in my bag. I’ve tried to cut down the contents of my bag to the bare minimum, but I still end up with a crap load of stuff. Trust me, I may look like a bag lady, but everything I have in my purse has been used in an emergency or tight situation before, so I’m grateful to my chunky bag.